Monday, January 4, 2010

New Fix

The difficulties of dual webbrowsers strike again.

Hot-link protection software which I activited malfunctioned and made Internet Explorer downloads fail for Saints' Books for that browser. Firefox, the browser I use to edit the pages and test them mainly, worked fine.

I have now turned off this software, and am searching for alternative hot-link protection or a fix for the software.

Until I have PHP downloads enabled to force the save dialog, I continue to remind users to right-click and 'save as' for their downloads. The larger PDF files will not load in your web-browser, there is a bug that causes PDF files loaded that way to fail if they do not download in a certain swift time limit, which larger files do not.

I am going to spend the next few days testing further technical solutions and the reliability of the sites in general.

No comments: