Thursday, December 3, 2009

Nine Offices of the Sacred Heart

I am endeavoring to find the book or pamphlet detailing the Nine Offices of the Sacred Heart. . .


“The peace of all things lies in the tranquility of order; and order is the disposition of equal and unequal things in such a way as to give to each its proper place.”

St. Augustine

"In every danger, 'as the dove when frightened flies for refuge to the hollows of the rock, so will the Christian soul seek protection in the cleft of the mystical rock, the Wounded Side of the Redeemer."

St. Bernard of Clairvaux

"I am filled with comfort, I exceedingly abound with joy in all our tribulations;"

2 Corinthians 7: 4

O holy Heart of Jesus, dwell hidden in my heart, so that I may live only in You and only for You, so that, in the end, I may live with You eternally in heaven.

St. Claude de la Colombiere

Blessed Elzear, Comte d'Arian, in Provence, having, says St. Francis de Sales, been long absent from his devout and chaste Delphina, she sent a messenger to him to inquire expressly for his health. Behold the reply she received: "I am very well, my dear wife; but if you wish to see me, seek me in the wound of the side of our sweet Jesus: for it is there that I dwell, and there you will find me. Elsewhere you will seek me in vain." This was a Christian chevalier indeed.

- E.B.

No comments: