Saturday, December 31, 2011

Image for the Day

I haven't made any origami cranes in a long time.

I used the paper for Christmas presents instead. I should sit down and try to learn again, as I have forgotten how to do it. Did I ever truly know? I only made a very few.

But I wanted to make more and learn more.

However, I've been happy to experiment with origami papers. The above is a color changed version of some paper I found online that is different originally in colors.

I like how I changed them. I was trying for a silvery change of hues on a white surface, and I think while it is not quite that, It is quite fine.

If I had the time and could put in the effort, I'd make it an animated scene with the flowers and leaves blowing and rustling, and then put a little ladybug in there, and allow the computer user to move it around. Or perhaps not. People should not spend too much time staring at screens.

It's fine just to think on for a short time.

It is something that rests my mind to think about after taking just a little look at the paper. Which recalls to me a quote from a saint on resting the mind.

Here is another quote.


'You must be indifferent to all created things and especially to the impulses prompted by your self-love and your own will. This self-will He wishes you to sacrifice as often as He gives you the opportunity thereof, by breaking and thwarting it, until it is wholly destroyed and extinct, in order that the Will of His divine Heart, alone, may reign in you.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

No comments: